Are there any new treatments for atrial fibrillation?

Dr. Rajat Jhanjee
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
There are multiple ways to treat atrial fibrillation: 1.
Control the heart rate with medications that control the heart rate. 2. Try to convert patients in nornal rhythm and keep them in normal rhythm with medications specific for that purpose. 3. Minimize the risk of a stroke with medications that thin the blood 4. If medications fail, patients can undergo a procedure called catheter ablation.

Dr. Rajat Jhanjee
Dr. Rajat Jhanjee
Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Stay tuned
The most recent advancement in atrial fibrillation treatment available in the United States is a cryogenic balloon technology brought to market by medtronic.
However, clinical trials are underway of some very exciting new technology I am not at liberty to discuss which will likely be available on the market within the next 2 to 3 years.

In brief: Stay tuned
Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner