Is there an over-the-counter or home remedy for a swollen, itchy eye lid? My left eye is swollen and has been for a week. It itches too. Well, my eye lid is itchy not my eye itself. There isn't a knot or anything like that. My eye itself isn't red or

Dr. G Funari
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: This

This is not time for a home remedy, you have already waited too long to get the situation evaluated by your physician.
I suggest contacting your physician immediately for an evaluation. You run the ultimate risk of losing eyesight in that eye.

In brief: This

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari
Dr. Richard Arden
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: I

I agree with dr. Funari, this needs to be seen now.
Potentially, you could have pre-septal cellulitis that can evolve into orbital cellulitis or subperiosteal/orbital abscess ( a far more serious condition, that if left untreated, can compromise vision). This doesn't sound like a chalazion or blepharitis; take it seriously.

In brief: I

Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. James Ridgway
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: I

I agree with both of the physicians.
This sounds like it could be blepharitis or more advanced cellulitis. Regardless, you need to see a specialist. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.

In brief: I

I agree with both of the physicians.
Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. Robert Strimling
Dermatology

In brief: I

I think you need to see a board certified ophthalmologist for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Get well soon.

In brief: I

Get well soon.
Dr. Robert Strimling
Dr. Robert Strimling