Medical marijuana for type 1 diabetes? I live in oregon and have type 1 diabetes. I was just curious, I had heard that some studies had been done that showed type 1 diabetics who were insulin dependent could be treated with marijuana. Is this true and I

All . All persons with type 1 diabetes require Insulin for survival and control of blood glucose. We do not use the term "insulin dependent" any more. There is no evidence that marijuana would eliminate the need for insulin. In fact, you might expect an increased need since it does tend to increase appetite in most people. So i would not sign for your card. Sorry. But on the other hand there is substantial evidence and scientific/medical support for the conclusion that the drug war has failed miserably and that marijuana ought to be legalized for all. See the links below.
Conditions . Conditions approved for use of medical marijuana in oregon •cancer •glaucoma •agitation due to alzheimer’s disease •positive status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or treatment for these conditions; •a medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces, for a specific patient, one or more of the following: (i) cachexia (ii) severe pain (iii) severe nausea (iv) seizures, including but not limited to seizures caused by epilepsy; or (v) persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to spasms caused by multiple sclerosis •any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition adopted by the department.