Could male breast reduction surgery improve my sleep apnea? Is it possible that my sleep apnea could improve on its own after male breast reduction? .

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

I would not expect improvement of your sleep apnea after male breast reduction surgery.
This operation tends to improve the contour of the chest wall, providing patients with some physical and “psychosocial” benefits.

In brief: No

Dr. Randolph Wong
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sleep

Sleep apnea has many variables in its causation, some mechanical, some neurologic.
But of all that is known about this condition, gynecomastia is not known to contribute to sleep apnea. It may be worthwhile to have your primary care physician refer you to a sleep lab for further evaluation.

In brief: Sleep

Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: No

Obesity is a cause of sleep apnea and general weight loss may help.[ weight loss will help is your apnea is caused by obesity].But the amount fat removed with a breast reduction surgery would not have an effect.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I would say that it will not affect your sleep apnea atr all.

In brief: I

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia surgery has nothing to do with your apnea and you will not see any improvement in the breathing.
Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

In brief: Gynecomastia

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology