The bottoms of both my feet have very bony feeling knots across the middle and sides of my feet. I am 61 male with ype twp dibietes. I walk on the outside of my right foot. Knots are on both feet.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Some causes of “knots” may include: bony overgrowths, soft tissue masses, ganglions, fibromas, cysts, and infection.
Have it evaluated by a professional to get the right diagnosis.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: As

As challenging as it is to try to give meaningful answers over the internet, it's even more challenging when diabetes is thrown into the mix, because so much of what you feel (and don't feel) is predicated on how well controlled your diabetes is, and to what extent, if any, the diabetes is interfering with your normal perception of sensations in your feet.
If you have a sensory neuropathy from the diabetes, this can cause all sorts of sensations in your feet, including what you describe as "knots." but if you don't have any appreciable neuropathy, then those "knots" you're feeling may very well be something else. So given this important limitation, i don't want to give you misleading advice. The best thing to do is go to a podiatrist, who will perform some simple, basic neurological tests to determine whether you have a neuropathy. If you do, this can be treated (albeit frustrating to treat), and if you don't, other causes for what you feel will be investigated. I know this doesn't help you much, but it's important, when hearing about any sort of sensation in the feet of diabetics, to rule-out neuropathy before anything else. Good luck my friend.

In brief: As

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Adam Smith