What does a renal angiogram test for?

Renal Arteries. A renal angiogram is a diagnostic test in which contrast is injected through the renal arteries to allow the cardiologist to visualize the renal arteries looking for blockages and good blood flow.
Renal artery. This study is usually performed after a noninvasive test such as ct or MRI shows a possible narrowing in the renal artery. The angiogram will confirm the finding and treatment with stent or angioplasty usually is done. A narrowed renal artery can cause high blood pressure (not a common cause). Opening of the vessel can potential correct this.