Can a botched botox injection cause permanent nerve damage? I am thinking of getting botox in my forehead. Should I be concerned that injecting a toxin like this could possiblye cause permanent nerve damage? .

Injection . Injection of Botox in a prescribe manner as approved by the fda should not cause permanent injury to a nerve unless the nerve is pierced or transected by the needle (highly unlikely). Botox works by permanently inactivating the junction between motor nerves and the muscle they innervate. This causes a transient paralysis of the muscle leading to a smoother appearance, or, in the case of temporal headaches, relief from pain. Recovery from the effects of botox, usually in 3 to 4 months depending upon the dose and location, occurs as new nerve endings reconnect to the muscle allowing it it function again. There are some case reports that repeated injections can cause permanent relaxation of the muscle.
No . No the dmage should be temporary and once the Botox is metabolized all should be fine.www.beautybybrueck.com.
Botox . Botox injections do not paralyze the nerve, they actually affect the muscles that are being injected. So the answer is, no permanent nerve damage should occur from botox. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.