My three year old son is experiencing coughing, yellow runny nose, watery eyes, and dark colored lose stowels for the last 3days I have tried using over-the-counter children allergy medicine but his condition continues to worsen.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If your son is worsening instead of improving, you should call his doctor and have him seen.
Viral illnesses can last 7-10 days total, but should start to improve after the first 3 to 4. If he is worsening, he could be developing a bacterial super-infection such as sinusitis, an ear infection or bronchitis. Good luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey