Will I have visible scarring from an open revision rhinoplasty? My surgeon says my revision rhinoplasty needs to be an open procedure to get the best results. I didn't completely understand how he described the procedure, but it sounded like it could leav

Scarring. In my experience the scarring is virtually undetectable unless you are looking for it. If your surgeon feels this is the best way to go he or she has good reason to recommend it then.
Not a problem. The incision for open rhinoplasty is between the nostrils on the columella. The scar is inconspicuous and I have only had to revise two out of about 3000 I have done.
This . This is a good question. The only visible scar is across the narrowest part of the columella, under the nasal tip and between the nostrils, and well concealed. The line is not a straight line and is often staggered in a symmetric manner to promote even further concealment. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.
The . The open rhinoplasty incision is placed across the columella (the bridge of skin that separates the nostrils). It normally heals very well and is rarely an issue. The important thing is to see how your surgeons columellar scars heal so review some before and after photos to see how they look.
The . The incision for an open rhinoplasty is made between the nostrils at the base of the nose. I started using this technique in 1975; the scar has never been an issue. At that time there were only 4 of us in the country doing open rhinoplasties.Today I use this technique in 70% of my noses.There are distinct advantages in some difficult noses like revisions, noses that need augmentation, crooked noses, and noses that need a lot of tip work. Don't worry about the scar.