What is that bump in the middle of the back of my head? I have a small bump in the middle of the back of my head. I don't get any headaches and it doesn't hurt when i press on it. I've searched up 'bump in the back of my head' on google and there were man

In brief: Hi.

Hi. It sounds like the bump is on the outside of your skull - so don't worry about brain cancer.
You may have a cyst. If you are an older person (especially if you don't have a lot of hair) and you have had a lot of sun exposure - it could be a skin cancer. If it is a cyst, they often resolve on their own. If it doesn't, then you can have a dermatologist take a look and make a definitive diagnosis.

In brief: Hi.

Dr. Richard Arden
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Is

Is this newly developed or been there for a long time? Is it part of your scalp ( skin moves with the bump) or is it deep to the scalp (skin moves over the bump)?.
If it is boney, it is likely to be your external occipital protuberance, a normal base of skull structure. If it is part of the skin, it may be a sebaceous cyst. If it is between the skin and the bone, it could be a small lymph node or lipoma. The only way to know for sure is to have a physician examine it directly. This isn't brain or bone cancer, and given its location, unlikely to be skin cancer. This is the danger of internet searches when it is difficult for users to put clinical data into perspective.

In brief: Is

Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. Eric Weisman