Is there any medication I can take to fly if I have intestinal problems?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Diarrhea? Acid?

If you have a "nervous stomach" you may go by with medicines like Bentyl ( if not >65 y/o) or Xanax ( alprazolam).
If you have acid reflux take Prilosec otc 20 to 40 mg before trip, take Tums or Zantac (ranitidine) 150 to 300 mg. If you have frank diarrhea c loose or fluid stools take Imodium or kaopectate otc.

In brief: Diarrhea? Acid?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Depends on problem

Thank you for your question.
There are a large number of intestinal problems, and the answer would depend on which one you refer to. Please respond with the problem you refer to, and we will do our best to answer. Many thanks for using healthtap.

In brief: Depends on problem

Thank you for your question.
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Vicken Poochikian