If I have ulcerative colitis, do I need to talk with my doctor before I fly?

No. If you are doing well on your current regimen there shouldn't be any concern with flying. If you are not doing well at anytime you should see your doctor. As always, remember to take more than an adequate supply of your medications.
Not. Necessarily however pack all your meds in a carry on bag in case luggage is lost . Also make sure you have prescriptions filled prior to leaving so you have enough to get you thru the trip.