If I have chron's disease do I need to be careful with how long my airline flights are?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: No, if controlled
As long as your crohn's disease is under control and followed by your doctor and/or gastroenterologist, you should be ok with flying.
If you are having bleeding, symptoms of infection, or diarrhea, you may want to evaluate with your doctor if that particular time is safe for you to be on a long-distance flight. You also have to consider if you will have medical access if going overseas.

In brief: No, if controlled
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: No
Just that you are traveling to places that you can get good medical care if you undergo an acute flare up.

In brief: No
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava