What are the main signs of a heart attack in a woman im 47 years old and I have been having some pain in the left side of my neck and upperback

In brief: I

I will list some of the symptoms of a mycocardial infarction (heart attack).
Chest pain, tightness, squeezing or fullness is the most common presentation. However the pain can also present in the upper back, the upper middle abdomen, jaw, head, teeth or in the arms (left more than right). One could have nausea, vomiting or it could feel like indigestion or heartburn. Feeling short of breath, sweating and just feeling out of sorts can also occur. About a fourth of people have no significant symptoms during a heart attack. You asked specifically about symptoms in women. The following statistics are from a national institute of health study. 43% of women had no chest pain. 58% were short of breath; 55% had marked weakness; 43% experienced fatigue, with cold sweats in 39% & dizziness in 39%. According to the study preceding their heart attacks women experienced the following symptoms: unusual fatigue - 70%; sleep disturbance - 48%; shortness of breath - 42%; indigestion - 39% and anxiety - 35%. I hope this helps. Take care.

In brief: I

Dr. Jane Van Dis