What things need to be considered in locating a dentist for obtaining dentures if someone has trigeminal neuralgia? My mother has been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. She needs a new set of dentures and is concerned about what might be involved. Sh

Dr. Arman Roksar
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Prosthodonitst

Try to find a dentist that has a specialty in prosthodontics.
They specialize in these cases.

In brief: Prosthodonitst

They specialize in these cases.
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Previous Denture

If your mother's dentures are functioning well, things should be pretty standard.
If, however, she's doing poorly with them, and the dentures are not satisfactory, i suggest a specialist in dentures, a prosthodontist. He or she will be able to help make the best dentures possible, given her trigeminal neuraligia, irregardless if it impacts her dentures or not.

In brief: Previous Denture

Dr. G Funari
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: I

I would recommend an evaluation with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon to evaluate the trigeminal neuralgia and ability to place additional implants to support her dentures.

In brief: I

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See a prosthodontist

Prosthodontists are dental specialists with extensive training in making dentures for patients with different medical issues, such a trigeminal neuralgia.
You can find one for your mother in your community.

In brief: See a prosthodontist

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Prosthodontist

Find a prosthodontist in your area.
They are specially trained in denture treatment.

In brief: Prosthodontist

Find a prosthodontist in your area.
Dr. Adam Levy