I have fairly advanced heart disease and peripheral artery disease, do I need any special arrangements during a long commercial flight?

Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Depends on disease

You should not fly at all if you have unstable angina (resting or worsening chest pain or trouble breathing or symptoms that your doctor has said are heart failure), abnormal heart rhythms, or heart failure bad enough that you are unable to perform everyday activities.
Otherwise, if your oxygen saturation is 95% or less at rest, you should wear oxygen during the flight if you have heart disease.

In brief: Depends on disease

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Sandeep Chandra
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Heart disease and PA

If you have advanced disease, you will need to be assessed by your cardiologist to see what arrangements you might need.
A lot depends on how stable your heart disease is.

In brief: Heart disease and PA

Dr. Sandeep Chandra
Dr. Sandeep Chandra
Dr. Vicken Poochikian