Do I have a bladder infection? I woke up in the middle of the night with the strong urge to urinate, but when i tried to i was unable to go. A little bit came out, and it was bloody. I can't go back to sleep because the discomfort is so intense. I am a 19

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: By

By the date of this post almost a week has passed.
Hopefully you have seen a doctor and are under treatment by now. I am answering this for your reference for the future or anyone reading this in a similar situation. What you describe sounds like a urinary tract infection, kidney infection, or even kidney stones. Since you were in so much pain, with visible blood in the urine then a visit to an urgent care or er is not unreasonable; especially if it is on a fri or sat night and you would have to wait until monday to see your doctor. Lastly if anyone experiences these symptoms with fever and/or chills, please seek medical care right away. All the best.

In brief: By

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine