Can I drink espresso and coffee while i'm pregnant? Will my baby feel it?

Dr. Caryl Mussenden
We ask you to limit your caffeine intake in pregnancy to one a day or less.
It does not cause fetal defects. We do know caffeine can tighten blood vessels including those in the placenta which can decrease blood flow to the fetus and, therefore, the reason we recommend you limit caffeine intake.

Dr. Caryl Mussenden
Dr. Caryl Mussenden
Dr. Christopher Powers
The quality of the evidence is suspect, but in general you should avoid consuming more than 200 mg/day of caffeine, essentially what is in two 7 oz cups of brewed coffee.
Prematurity and growth retardation seem to be associated with more than that, at least in part because caffeine crosses the placenta and concentrates in fetal blood.

Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Jonathan Jassey