Will taking cocaine during pregnancy cause my child to have motor development problems?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Possibly, and more
Cocaine causes constriction (narrowing) of blood vessels, including those that carry oxygen and nutrients to the placenta and fetus.
Damage to the fetal brain can be the result of lack of oxygen or bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces of the brain. Cocaine can impair body and brain growth in the fetus as well as cause high blood pressure and its complications in the mother. Get help, please.

In brief: Possibly, and more
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Jay Park
The children who were exposed to cacaine before birth often lag in motor skills, especially fine motor skills, at least through two years of age.
In addition, Cocaine often induces premature labor and even causes stroke in newborn baby.

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park
In brief: That and more
There is some suggestion that cocaine and similar drugs can make minor alterations in your eggs long before they are released.
It takes healthy eggs to make healthy babies.You conceive after months or years of drug use, and plan for baby to have problems.I have seen it happen several times in my practice. I monitor more than one now.

In brief: That and more
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham