What to do about chronic sinus infections after root canal/crown. Dentist is dismissive of the problem. 2 years ago I cracked a tooth because of a deep cavity I was unaware of (that parts my responsibility) the tooth was also infected. I had a root canal

I . I would recommend getting an evaluation by a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Their training would enable them to determine if the 2 year history of sinus infections is directly related to your dental health. Obviously I am not in a position to examine you or review xrays of the teeth and sinuses, but 2 years seems a long time to have chronic sinus infections without significant oral findings other than decay. It is normal for the root tips of the upper back teeth to be close to the sinus, in fact, in many cases the roots actually protrude into the sinus. That is why these teeth can sometimes be symptomatic with sinusitis. The oms can give you an opinion as to whether the tooth should be removed or it there are other options for treatment.
I . I would get an endodontist and a periodontist consultation to see what the diagnosis and prognosis for those several teeth are. If the specialists determine that because of infection, lack of support or crack the prognosis ( longterm out look) is poor they will recommend you to extract and place implants in that area which might be a lot more cost-effective than spending money on teeth that may not last that long and even worse cause infection, pain and discomfort. Moreover, when the teeth are extracted if they are causing your sinus infection the source of your sinus infection will be eliminated as well. Good luck! dr. Soleymani, healthy smiles healthy lives.
Endodontic . Endodontic treatment on a tooth is generally very successful. Prognosis for a tooth is in the area of 95% successful. However, with that said, they do fail. It sounds like you have may some sort of chronic problem with this tooth. I would suggest another endodontic consultation in this regard. Perhaps even with a cone-beam or three-dimensional x-ray. There are a number of things that can cause endodontic failure. Among them would be a cracked tooth. Now you also said you have had wisdom tooth troubles in that area. It is also possible that the wisdom tooth is causing some of the troubles. Again, a good consultation to address this issue is required. Unfortunately, if the trouble is this root canaled tooth, the only predictable result is to extract, as the prognosis for it would have dropped dramatically.
An . An evaluation from a surgeon and an endodontist would be a good way to determine if there is any connection and what treatment options exist. An extraction is a likely option, but i would not expect it to be a free service. Sometimes, even if everything is done correctly, treatment can fail. It is not anyone's "fault, " it is simply a host response. Consider angioplasty among other examples. If the heart surgery is done and it fails, another angioplasty is done. It is not done at no charge or even a discount most times. It simply is done again.