When I swallow I have feel like I have swollen glands, should I go to the doctor to check for strep?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
Have your doctor do a swab of your throat.
You may also have swollen, tonsils, lymph nodes in the neck or swollen salivary glands. However, there may be many things that can cause this and you will need to be examined by your md.

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Depends
Swollen glands are usually felt in the neck under the jaw, and can be associated with many conditions, most of which are benign (not serious).
If your throat is sore and you have a fever or the glands are big enough to see, or they've been there more than a few weeks without getting smaller, you should see your doctor.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Vicken Poochikian