Should i get a xray? I went to the doctors a while back because i was having these sharp shooting pains in my head. They would last up to maybe 30 seconds and then stop. Doctor said maybe allergies were the cause of it, but my allergies are fine. The pain

In brief: Hello.

Hello. X-rays only show certain types of tissues / conditions.
So, an x-ray may or may not be an indicated study. Did the doctor recommend any specific treatments? If so, you might want to try it and if that is not successful it may require another medical evaluation.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Richard Arden
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Allergies

Allergies don't cause sharp shooting pains in your head.
A reasonable diagnosis would be difficult without a thorough history and exam and needs to precede any consideration for diagnostic imaging studies. If this is a recurrent or chronic problem it should be evaluated.

In brief: Allergies

Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. Richard Arden
Dr. William Forsythe