Should i take cetrizine or fexofenadine for my allergies? I've been to the doctor about 10 times last year over allergies, i had pus pockets on my tonsils, head aches, runny nose, post nasal drip, itchy skin and eyes and watery eyes. Several times i was p

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: M.D. visit

I would also suggest allergy testing and avoidance of anything that worsens your symptoms.
A visit to your physician is indicated as well.

In brief: M.D. visit

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Thomas Johnson
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: Either

Either option is fine.
I would recommend that you see an allergist if you do not have improvement in your symptoms.

In brief: Either

Either option is fine.
Dr. Thomas Johnson
Dr. Thomas Johnson
2 comments
Dr. Natalie Hodge
a nasal spray as fluticasone may help!
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
I would also suggest avoiding anything that seems to worsen your symptoms and a screening test for airway function.
Dr. Marvin Den

In brief: Either

Either is fine. You need to see which works best for you.

In brief: Either

Dr. Marvin Den
Dr. Marvin Den
Dr.

In brief: Either

You can take either of the two , whatever suits you .
You can also add flixonase or alanase nasal drops and eye drops like rexacrom and naphazoline. Consulting allergy specialist is also an option if wondering about desentization.

In brief: Either

Dr.

In brief: Seasonal allergies

Studies show that second generation antihistamines are efficacious however when it comes to allergic rhinitis you need to be using an intransal steroid such as Flonase.
They are the superlative best treatment for this condition. Studies show that in the long run sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) and allergy shots (desensitization) will help you avoid steroids once an allergist has identified allergy

In brief: Seasonal allergies

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Dr. Vikram Patel