Is there way to specify what gender I want my child to be?

Dr. Cindy Williams

In brief: Gender

The short answer is no.
There are some very high tech interventions, that are used in situations where the chance of passing a gender specific disease on to a child. However, there are a ton of old wives tales out there, about how to do this. It's not going to hurt anything to try them. Who knows?

In brief: Gender

The short answer is no.
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz

In brief: No

Sex used to be assigned dependent on whether you had a serviceable male phallus regardless of your genetic sex.
Subsequent studies have cast doubt on this approach. In mixed gender children this decision needs to be made in a painstaking manner involving a team approach with a psychologist, endocrinologist, urologist and possibly a gynecologist.

In brief: No

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Shontae Buffington