My boyfriend put alcohol in his rectum last night and now he's pooping mucus and blood; should I take him to the hospital? He said he's in pain

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Yes yes

Alcohol is a drying agent that removes water from cells and used in pathology to process tissue obtained for biopsies.
It kills the cells by replacing intracellular water. He may have done some serious damage to his rectum and at least caused sloughing of mucosal cells and bleeding and is at risk for infection and serious injury.

In brief: Yes yes

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan

In brief: Yes,

Yes, you should. Placing diluted alcohol in the rectum is a very dangerous way to get intoxicated very fast.
I sure hope he didn't put straight liquor in his rectum. At minimum he had damaged the mucosa.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Peter Kurzweil