Is it appropriate to talk to your dentist about an upcoming procedure especially if I am a new patient? I went in for an exam with a dentist that is new to me. I have not been in to see a dentist for four years. Due to putting this off, I have to have

In brief: Absolutely,

Absolutely, no questions asked.
You are entrusting your dental health to a provider that is new to you. His answers to your questions will make you feel at ease and allow him to work on you without the fear of making you nervous. Once you feel comfortable you will not need to ask so many questions or be nervous.

In brief: Absolutely,

Absolutely, no questions asked.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Yes it is appropriate.
I agree with drs. Davantzis and scharf. If your dentist has a problem with this find another dentist!

Yes it is appropriate.
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: It

It is not only appropriate but essential that you have a clear understanding of what the treatment involves and why you need it! ask all the questions that you need to in order to make yourself feel comfortable.

In brief: It

Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Dr. Andrea Brand