How soon after male breast reduction surgery can I start exercising my chest again? Do I have to wait until i've completely recovered from my male breast reduction, or can I start back at reduced intensity earlier? .

Dr. Mia Skourtis
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I typically recommend that you wait 3-4 weeks before returning to aerobic activity, and wait 4-6 weeks before heavy lifting and strenuous activity.
This helps avoid prolonged swelling. All the best, dr. Skourtis.

In brief: I

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: This

This depends on the severity of your condition and the techniques used for correction.
After straightforward liposuction, activity may be permitted within 10 days. However after full excisional surgical repair, activity may be deferred for periods up to 6 weeks.

In brief: This

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Some

Some patients may start exercising as early as one week after gynecomastia surgery by lipo.
If the surgery was more complicated, it may be a month before your return to the gym. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

In brief: Some

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Within Weeks.

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities after surgery.
Generally, patients are able to return to “reduced intensity" activity within a few weeks after the procedure is performed. Avoidance of direct chest wall exercises and/or contact sports will likely be recommended for a longer period of time. Best wishes.

In brief: Within Weeks.

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery