Are there any medical conditions that make it dangerous to have a septoplasty? I'm on medication for several issues. None are life-threatening, but I'm worried about having surgery. I haven't talked to any surgeons yes, but my primary care doctor seems to

If . If there are any concerns about your medical stability for septoplasty surgery, your primary doctor and plastic surgeon will need to communicate in order to determine whether the procedure is safe for you. Your primary doctor may recommend certain tests be done to help assure your safety with anesthesia and surgery. If you have a history of prolonged bleeding, uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart attacks or stroke, or other significant medical conditions, you will need specific clearance to proceed with any operation. All the best, dr. Skourtis.
The . The main issue regarding having other medical conditions that may make it risky to have septoplasty are related to having anesthesia itself. Your primary care doctor and anesthesiologist are the best people to assess your pre-operative risk.
Only . Only your plastic surgeon and or anesthesiologist can answer your question. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.