After one month of taking erythromycin for acne my face is getting worse. What should I do? Is this normal for this drug to act I have struggled with acne forever. I've tried other medication.Minocycline worked for two years then caused my optic nerves to

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I would follow up with your dermatologist to discuss other options if you don't see improvement (it can take 4 to 8 weeks for improvement).
There are other antibiotics and oral and topical medications that can help (depends on the type, location, severity of acne which might be most appropriate for you). Read about acne treatment options at the link below. I hope that helps!

In brief: I

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward