I found a lump in the bottom portion of my right breast, I am breast feeding should I get checked for cancer?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: See your doc
You should see your friendly primary care physician and have that mass evaluated.

In brief: See your doc
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Yes. This type of issue should be checked.
Lumps while breadtfeeding could be mastitis, blocked ducts or serious things like cancer.

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Although this may be something simple like a plugged duct a percentage of breast cancers are found in pregnant or lactating mothers.
The screening mamograms require close scruteny by the radiologists and other studies like ultrasound or needle biopsy may be required to sort it out. Call your OB and get the ball rolling, no one needs to sit on this.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey