How can I teach my kids to responsibly use the internet?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Role model
For example, if you are looking up directions talk about what you are doing.
If you are checking facebook talk about the importance of knowing who your "friends" are and setting privacy limits. Discuss online bullying with your children and let them know that their internet usage will be supervised. Limit usage to no more than 2 hrs/day. Make it a habit to openly discuss what sites they visit.

In brief: Role model
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Supervise
Children should be supervised when going online.
Computers and the internet are a daily part of our lives and it is normal for children to be curious about going them. Allow them to use the family computer in an open space in the house. Set a rule about no computers (or tvs for that matter) in their bedroom.

In brief: Supervise
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Shontae Buffington