Is it normal for a woman who suffered sexual abuse + sexual assault as a child to not have any sexual desires and fear most men? Is it normal for a woman who suffered sexual abuse and a sexual assault as a child to not have any sexual desires and to be ex

In brief: The

The same type of trauma can effect people differently.
This is a common and understandable response. Counseling can help to work through this. Take care.

In brief: The

This is very good advice. Whatever a person has been through, they do a grave wrong both to themselves and to the other half of the human race if they refuse the counseling that can put love back into their lives. The vast majority of men are good and decent and want only to protect and nurture the women in their lives.
Dr. Aaron Ament

In brief: NORMAL?

Perhaps you mean usual or ordinary or expected.
If one lacks any desire ; has fear surely there is trouble that has moved a life out of the ordinary. Psychotherapy is a way to work toward normal.

In brief: NORMAL?

Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament
Pathology

In brief: It's still pathology

This may happen -- different people respond differently to trauma -- but it is not healthy.
A person like this has as much duty to accept psychotherapy and try to recover as i did to take medication when i had tuberculosis. The vast majority of men are decent. You are wronging yourself, and the other half of humankind, by refusing the love that your mind and body were made to enjoy.

In brief: It's still pathology

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Sexuality

I know lots of advice has been offered to you.
I have a different perspective. The simple answer is yes, of course. But, one does not have to live or feel this way. One with your history can still claim life and sexuality for themselves and learn to live fully. I agree with the advice for therapy. I also would offer this group of women dedicated to help: <a href="http://www.Ourbodiesourselves.Org.

In brief: Sexuality

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
2 comments
Dr. Robert Killian
This site is women committed to helping women claim their own power over their bodies; to heal from past trauma; and to learn how to enjoy their bodies in a safe way. I wish you the very best and hope this has offered some help for you.
Dr. Robert Killian
This site and their accompanying book is offered by women who are dedicated to helping other women heal from past trauma; to help women learn to reclaim their bodies and the feelings of their body and their sexuality. It is a group of women dedicated to help. I hope this additional information can help you come to some sense of healing and being alive.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey