My cornea is too thin for the lasik, imapprehensive about prk, if not surgery what other options do I have? I hate glasses I have corneal thickness of 464 and 478 and I have been adivised against lasik, they said I may be a candidate for prk, can you plea

Your . Your doctor has provided you excellent advice so far. While the cornea thickness is too thin for laisk, you may be a candidate for prk if your preoperative testing says your cornea is of regular shape and strong. The amount of correction needed may also play a role. There has never been a well done study to show superiority of one procedure (lasik = prk in terms of final visual acuity). In other words, i believe bladeless lasik is equal to prk in final outcome (the us military feels the same way about procedure for our soldiers). In summary, prk does not provide immediate results and can be associated with significant discomfort in some patients. However, you will obtain outstanding results if you are a good candidate for it. Finally, there is more factors than cornea thickness when looking at candidacy for laser vision correction.
There . There is no safe and fool proof surgery but for thin cornea, i recommend icl lens implant surgery---does not thin the cornea and can be removed when you get older in favor of another procedure if that becomes needed.
Prk. In thin corneas, prk may be your only option. It is a very safe and effective means of vision correction and your apprehension is unwarranted. Prk does cause a little discomfort early postop and it does take longer for the vision to stabilize but the long term vision and stability is equally effective as compared to lasik.
If . If your cornea is too thin for safe lasik, i personally would not be concerned about prk. There is actually more risk for problems with lasik than with prk because there is no flap involved with prk. The risk of blindness is generally quoted at about 1 in 10, 000, 000 vs for lasik which is 1 in 1, 000, 000 and probably higher than 1 in 20, 000 for any intraocular procedure. The life-time risk from blindness from contact lenses is about 1 in 40, 000.
PRK . Prk can be just as effective as lasik, as long as you are a good candidate for laser vision correction (no keratoconus, good pupil size, no dry eye, etc.). It is preferred for thinner corneas because you will have more cornea left at the end of the procedure than if you had lasik. More cornea equals stronger cornea and less risk of post surgical changes. The downsides of prk are that it hurts more, takes longer to heal, as the risk of scaring, and doesn't have the immediate "wow" factor of lasik, but if performed correctly has great outcomes. The upsides of prk are that there is no flap, and thus, no potential for all the flap-related complications that can happen after lasik.
There . There is no surgery that is fool proof! with that being said, prk or lasek (advanced surface ablation) are very safe with good outcomes as drs. Rauen and lang have described. Other alternatives are refractive lens exchange and icl (intra ocular contact lens).