I've heard that slings aren't safe, but I really love the idea of wearing my baby. What should I do?

Dr. Linda Whitby
In brief: Enjoy your baby!
Mothers all over the world safely use various types of slings -but care, safety, head and airway safety is a must.
Steering wheels, airbags, improper fabrics are safe-baby friendly. Some moms practice with a dolly to make sure this a good choice for them.

In brief: Enjoy your baby!
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Tummy to tummy
Baby slings have been getting a lot of negative press over the past few years because they have been linked to a number of unfortunate deaths; to the point of governmental scrutiny as of late.
If you must utilize the sling my advice would be to keep your infant/child upright; and position the cargo with his/her tummy to the tummy of the slingbearer.

In brief: Tummy to tummy
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Shontae Buffington