Period problem hi I am 23 and married, have no kids. I had regular periods since two months ago but last month I got spotting first two days and after that had just water discharging for last four days. I did take pregnancy test but that was negative. Thi

As . As doctors, the first thing we do when we hear that a fertile woman is having a missed period or abnormal spotting, we check a pregnancy test. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period and a doctor's test can tell around when you should be getting your next period. Did you take your test too soon? There are other reasons besides pregnancy that can cause a woman to miss a period such as: stress, diet, excessive exercise or a hormone imbalance such as with a thyroid disorder or polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you continue to have an irregular cycle, you should give your doctor or your ob/gyne a call. Good luck!