Are there any preparations before perlane (dermal fillers) injections? Are perlane (dermal fillers) injections treated like surgery, where there are things to do and/or avoid beforehand? .

Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Avoiding

Avoiding aspirin, nsaids and other products that "thin the blood" will help minimize bruising.

In brief: Avoiding

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Peter Certo
Dentistry

In brief: Not

Not really. You can eat and drink before.
I tell my patients to avoid any over-the-counter medication that is know to thin your blood, like Aspirin and ibuprofen. The exception is if your doctor has you on blood thinners or anticoagulants. Check with the doctor who prescribed these medications before you have any fillers placed. Do not ever stop taking any medication any doctor has prescribed without his/her okay. If you are on any medication that thins your blood, arnica is an over-the-counter homeopathic remedy that dissolves bruises.

In brief: Not

Dr. Peter Certo
Dr. Peter Certo
Dr. Arnon Rubin