Is my vaginal itching and burning related to menopause? This is too embarrassing to ask my doctor. I know menopause can cause some dryness, but I have major burning and itching around my whole vaginal area. Is this related to menopause, or could it be ano

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That can definitely be related to menopause.
You can try over-the-counter soothing vaginal preparations such as vagisil or others; ask your pharmacist for a recommendation. If this is a brand new problem or you have discharge of course then discuss this with your doctor. If over-the-counter preparations don't help, your doctor may need to give you a prescription product. In addition, avoid hot baths or wearing nylon underwear.

In brief: That

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav