Each labor for me has come faster and faster. My last one was 28 minutes. I'd like to get pregnant again, but i'm scared. Should I be nervous?

Dr. Brian Enggano
In brief: It's normal
It's normal to be a little nervous.
Labor tends to come faster with each subsequent pregnancy. The more times pregnant, the more your body gets used to labor. It can be nerve-racking at times but also understand that you have more experience and know what warning signs to look for (regular contractions, breaking your water, etc).

In brief: It's normal
It's normal to be a little nervous.
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Linda Whitby
In brief: Lucky You!
Of course, rapid labor can be worrisome but it's not uncommon.
Be prepared is part of the answer; making sure your clinician understands your concern is the 1st important part of planning. Often induction of labor prior to the due date is a reliable option. Wise parents train for unexpected birth and how to care for the newborn.

In brief: Lucky You!
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Jane Van Dis