I am embarrassed when I leak urine during sexual intercourse with my husband. It seems to happen during the act as well as with orgasm. Why does it happen and how can I stop this? 

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Common and fixable
Urinary incontinence is very common but should not be considered normal.
Leaking can be fixed and it is not something you have to live with. It is important to have a complete evaluation to determine a treatment plan. Start with your obgyn. If the problem is beyond the scope of their experience then they will refer you to urogynecologist or urologist.

In brief: Common and fixable
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Weak bladder
You may have a problem with bladder spasming which is generally treated with medicaitons.
You may have a problem with a fallen or weak bladder which is generally treated with sugery. You should have a urologic evaluation.

In brief: Weak bladder
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Adam Levy