Food to avoid after dental bonding? I had a tooth bonded yesterday, and while my dentist gave me a list of foods to eat, he didn't say what to avoid. And, how long will have to avoid food on the list? .

Dr. Jack Binder
Dentistry

In brief: Staining

Most bonding materials are resin-based, that is, plastics.
They are porous and will stain. I tell my patients to avoid any food that would stain a white tablecloth. Fyi, porcelain is not porous. That is why we recommend porcelain for the best long-term cosmetic result.

In brief: Staining

In brief: Hello,

Hello, dentists often recommend that after dental bonding that you avoid foods which are likely to stain your teeth like blueberries, cranberries, cherries, balsamic vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, red wine, coffee, chicory, black tea or dark sodas for 48 hours.
For at least 48 hours after bonding it is also recommended that you avoid smoking cigarettes or eating really hard foods. Try not to crunch down on ice.

In brief: Hello,

Dr. Keegan Duchicela