I have suffered from uterine fibroids for years. Is there a solution that will not involve surgery?

Absolutely yes. Consider uterine fibroid embolization (ufe). It is performed by interventional radiologists physicians specifically trained in minimally invasive procedures. It can be performed as an outpatient, treats all the fibroids in the uterus, and is successful at relieving symptoms in >90%, and covered by insurance. There is no need to suffer and no need to have surgery you don't want.
Yes. Not knowing the specifics of your case I can only give you general options...Embolization, depoprovera, depolupron, Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud, aromatase-inhibitors, continuous ocps.
Yes. After you are evaluated by a combination of ultrasound, physical exam, mri, etc to determine the number size and locations of fibroids, several options exist. Medical therapy with different hormones may help. Uterine artery embolization is an options. And newer ultrasound or MRI guided fibroid destruction procedures are all available. It depends on your individual situation.
Fibroids. There is a technique where they use ultrasounds from outside body and coagulates the fibroids. There is a center in usa doing this. You can google it online.