Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: My

My routine --- 14 days for lower body exercises (without bending down) like treadmill, elliptical and bicycle 4 weeks for strenuous exercises, and ok to bending down real heavy weight lifting - 6 to 8 weeks.

In brief: My

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: The

The optimal timing of when to restart exercising depends a bit on how extensive your septoplasty surgery is and your pain tolerance.
You'll probably want to hold off on exercising at least 7-10 days, but follow your surgeon's instructions as that's who knows your situation best.

In brief: The

Dr. Richard Arden
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: You

You probably could start a graduated program of exercise after 4-5 days but start off slow.
The risk is nosebleeds which are more likely as the heart rate and blood pressure increase with the level of your cardio work-out.

In brief: You

Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I instruct my patients to avoid strenuous activities for 2 weeks after surgery.
After all the time and money you will spend to improve your breathing, why risk additional swelling or bleeding. Your question should not be answered by committee, follow the instructions of your surgeon.

In brief: I

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You

You should be able to resume exercise in a week after septoplasty.
Good luck from nyc.

In brief: You

Good luck from nyc.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine