What causes my feet to hurt so bad that I cant stand up. my feet hurt really bad when i put pressure on them. but after i keep getting up and sitting right back down a few times, i am able to stand the pain that is in the heel and the arch of my foot. I w

answered:

This

This sounds like an acute flare up of a condition known as plantar fasciitis.There is a band of thick tissue called the plantar fascia that runs across the bottom of your foot, it connects your heel bone to your toes. Often times this band becomes tight and inflammed thus causing heel and arch pain. This condition requires a lot of treatment and supportive care. Visit a podiatrist(foot doctor) for assistance. In the meantime take advil for pain and inflammation, request physical therapy, and buy a pair of orthotics. You may need custom orthotics in the future. Good luck.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Advil Bone Feet Foot Ibuprofen Inflammation Orthotics Pain in arch of foot Physical therapy Physiotherapy

answered:

Many possibilities

Open-uri20130406-545-1wc4bdm
Heel pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes also called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present. Heel pain may also be due to other causes, such as infection, tendonitis, arthritis, stress fracture, nerve irritation, retained foreign body, bone tumor, or a cyst. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Arthritis Body Bone Bone tumor Bones Broken bone Cancer Cyst Feet Foot