Why can't i lose weight? I am a 56 year old female who has been on weight watchers since january of 2011 and have only lost 30 lbs. I am doing cardio and weight training at least 5 days a week and have not lost a pound since oct 2011. Blood test are still

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Weight

Weight loss is such a frustrating thing.
Our bodies evolved to hold onto weight, and it can be very difficult once a plateau is reached. I have to say, that losing 30 pounds is amazing, so congratulations. You are doing everything right. You might need to "jump start" your weight loss by a change in exercise program. You may want to consult a personal trainer, or ask a staff member at your gym for more variety in your routine. Again, congratulations on losing 30 pounds, that is fantastic.

In brief: Weight

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy