What is the latest treatment for tinnitus and how effective is it?

Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: ?

I am not aware of any "latest treatment" for tinnitus.
It is a very difficult disorder to deal with because we don't have any definitive treatments. There are an assortment of natural, alternative and medical remedies available that could help bring some relief. Tinnitus retraining therapy as been shown to be a very effective program for the management of that irritating sound in the ears.

In brief: ?

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tinnitus treatment

No medicine has been shown to be significantly effective in tinnitus.
Some studies suggest that gingko and zinc might help, but the study was not significant. Some people have had success with amitriptyline, but the improvement is sporadic. Feel better!

In brief: Tinnitus treatment

Dr. David Martin
Dr. David Martin