What can I do to improve the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?

Many things. Firstly make sure you are not on medications that can cause or worsen rls, like antihistamines and some psychiatric medications. Secondly, make sure you are not iron deficient (a blood test). Lastly, there are medications - Mirapex and requip, (ropinirole) that can help directly, and other medications (like Klonopin or opioids) that can help as well, altho they cause physical dependency and are not 1st choice.
Coquinol. If you are on statins you need co-q 10 or coquinol, if you are on psych meds you need to switch your meds or take requip, (ropinirole) if you are mineral deficient magensium helps.