Is it possible for my thyroid gland be affecting my weight?

Dr. Linda Whitby
In brief: Hypothyroid ?
The master gland can influence metabolism, mood and other systems.
Wise to have a full physical-do request thyroid function studies. Prior to the physical one is wise to keep a daily diary of mood/ weight/ daily activities including all meal+ choices to gain insight into the mystery of the scale.

In brief: Hypothyroid ?
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Linda Whitby
Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
While your doctor will want to consider other possibilities, either too little or too much thyroid hormone can affect your weight.
Too little thyroid hormone usually results in weight gain, but too much thyroid hormone can result in weight loss or weight gain. Your doctor may want to order labwork, including a thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) to see if your thyroid hormone level is right for you.

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Arnon Rubin