4 doctors weighed in:
Could I have developed an allergy to the nickel fastening on my jeans?
4 doctors weighed in

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Yes
An allergy to the nickel in the fastener is common, and there's no way to make this sensitivity go away; all you can do is eliminate contact with any nickel-containing metals.
Choosing clothing and jewelry that have no nickel works best, but you can also paint the inside of the fastener with clear nail polish so the metal doesn't actually come in contact with your skin.

In brief: Yes
An allergy to the nickel in the fastener is common, and there's no way to make this sensitivity go away; all you can do is eliminate contact with any nickel-containing metals.
Choosing clothing and jewelry that have no nickel works best, but you can also paint the inside of the fastener with clear nail polish so the metal doesn't actually come in contact with your skin.
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Thank
Dr. Raj Syal
Obstetrics & Gynecology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Yes
Nickle allergy is common.

In brief: Yes
Nickle allergy is common.
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syal
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Marsha Davis
Board Certified,
24 years in practice
67M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors