My menopause symptoms are making me uncomfortable. Is hormone replacement therapy recommended?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: No

Hormone replacement therapy will not eliminate your menopausal symptoms.
It will only delay them. Once you stop the hormone replacement therapy whatever menopausal symptoms you are destined to experience will occur at that time. In addition, hormone replacement therapy does have increased risk of blood clot and stroke. Menopause is like puberty. It is a natural part of our lives.

In brief: No

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology

In brief: In many cases

While menopause is natural, so is dying from bacterial pneumonia.
Most of us would take an antibiotic to treat the pneumonia, so it makes sense to treat menopause. 1) HRT to reduce/ eliminate symptoms and 2) long term health benefits of HRT such as bone strength, bladder &sexual health, memory, possibly prevent heart disease. Each woman should check with her md to balance her risk/benefit profile.

In brief: In many cases

Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Waldo Acebo

Yes, hormone replacement therapy is recomended as long as you do it using bio-identical hormones and you go to a doctor who is specialized in this therapy.
You should check this website womeninbalance.Org or my web site acebohealthcenter.Com.

Dr. Waldo Acebo
Dr. Waldo Acebo
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham