Does insurance cover male breast reduction surgery? I have gynocomastia because of a hormonal issue. Since the breast growth was caused by a medical problem, would insurance consider male breast reduction surgery a covered procedure? .

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sometimes.

In my experience, it is becoming more difficult to obtain authorization for correction of gynecomastia surgery.
For more specific information you will need to contact your health insurance provider. Best wishes.

In brief: Sometimes.

Dr. George Marosan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia or male breast enlargement is a very embarrasing condition for a lot of men.
This is the number 2 operation i perform on men in my practice. Insurance does not cover it usually. Depends on your insurance plan if they include this as a covered medical condition. If you have been seein an endocrinologist for your hormonal issues, than maybe they can wirte a letter to your carrier in your support. Good luck.

In brief: Gynecomastia

Dr. Michael Edwards
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The only way to see if you insurance will cover gynecomastectomy will be to meet with a provider on your plan and undergo evaluation.
Bottom line is that some plans will cover and some will not. Realize too that gynecomastia from being overweight is improved on by weight loss. Dr. Edwards.

In brief: The

Dr. Michael Epstein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia or oversized male breasts may be a condition that can be treated and covered by your insurance company.
It often depends on the cause of your gynecomastia and your insurance coverage. If your oversized breasts are largely glandular in nature you will have a better chance of coverage than if the overgrowth is secondary to disproportionate fat.

In brief: Gynecomastia

Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Soemtimes

Soemtimes they will.
I see a patient in consultation, take photos and write a letter to their insurance carrier to see if they will cover it.Most of the time they do not.www.beautybybrueck.com.

In brief: Soemtimes

Soemtimes they will.
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Depends on your age, your insurance, the clinical findings, the symptoms.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: If

If you have gynecomastia that is a results of hormonal abnormalities, then you may have to raise that issue with your insurance company.
Let us know how that goes. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

In brief: If

Dr. Adam Levy